The latest episode of “Accounting for Tomorrow” brings us an exciting conversation with Holt Haga, the vice president of leasing for Ball, Ventures Ahlquist (BVA). Holt shares his journey in the finance and real estate industry, as well as the vision behind BVA’s impressive projects in the Treasure Valley. From the company’s expansion plans to the impact of interest rates and supply and demand factors, we delve into the current state of the market. With the growing demand for office spaces and the trend towards class A office product, how will Boise continue to meet the needs of businesses and attract top talent? Join us as we explore the future of commercial real estate development in the Valley.
- 0:34 – Learn more about Hold Haga and the birth of Ball Ventures Ahlquist, a leading Commercial Real Estate Development Company.
- 1:38 – BVA’s focus on office high-rise development in downtown Boise and expanding the company’s footprint in the Treasure Valley and on the I-84 corridor.
- 2:58 – The effects of the current market on finding land for new projects and balancing fluctuations in construction costs.
- 07:01 – The impact of higher interest rates on construction projects from a developer’s perspective and a small business perspective.
- 9:30 – Continued low vacancy rates in the Boise market and the influx of companies from other markets.
- 11:36 – The sublease market and how larger companies have taken back their sublease spaces
- 13:09 – The importance of designing office spaces that reflect a company’s culture
- 16:32 – Supply & demand trends for future projects and the benefits of incorporating housing into commercial development projects.
- 19:51 – BVA’s optimistic outlook for the future and their upcoming projects
Share this Post