Phone: (208) 333-8965
Nancy Koonce, CPA, MBA, CVA, CFE, ABV
With nearly three decades of experience across several states, Nancy specializes in fraud investigation and litigation support for small businesses and individuals. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and her Master’s in Business Administration from McNeese State University in Lake Charles, Louisiana. After her graduation, Nancy became nationally recognized as an expert in financial matters, business valuations, and trust accounting for courts in Louisiana, Texas, and California. After finding her way back to her home state of Idaho 29 years later, Nancy became an Owner and Director of Ataraxis Accounting and Advisory Services and now serves as a Tax Partner at Harris.
With a devout dedication to integrity and quality, Nancy has always been drawn to helping clients with business valuation, fraud investigation, and litigation support — especially within the nonprofit industry. In addition, she has a strong background in forensic accounting, fraud prevention, financial forecasts, and budgeting analysis. While a master at investigating fraud within companies, Nancy’s true passion is helping her clients put controls in place to prevent fraud from happening in the first place.
In addition to her CPA license, Nancy is a Certified Valuation Analyst, a Certified Fraud Examiner, and is Accredited in Business Valuations. Nancy is also highly active in her community, having served on a multitude of nonprofit boards, volunteering as the past President and Airshow Director for ten years at the Louisiana National Airshow, and serving six years on the Executive Council of The Episcopal Church (worldwide). Among her many other volunteer activities with the Episcopal Church, she is in her third year of seminary and looks forward to being ordained in June 2022.
When not working, Nancy loves hiking, working in her yard and garden, volunteering within her church and community, and solving just about every type of puzzle she can get her hands on. A lover of horses since childhood, Nancy serves on the Board of Directors for Rising Stars Therapeutic Riding Center. As if that doesn’t keep her busy enough, Nancy loves to spend time with her three children and four grandchildren.
- Bachelor's in Accounting, McNeese State University
- Masters Business Administration, McNeese State University
Professional Designations / Civil Associations:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Accredited in Business Valuations
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Board Member and Chair of Gifts & Bequests Committee, Idaho Episcopal Foundation
- Board Member, Rising Stars
- Therapeutic Riding Center
- Treasurer, Economic Development Corporation of the Episcopal Church in Navajoland
Previous Designations / civil Associations:
- President, Twin Falls Rotary Club
- President, Boise Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member of Executive Council, The Episcopal Church
- President and Airshow Director, Louisiana National Airshow
- Steering Committee and Chairman of Opening/Closing Ceremonies, Visit of Vietnam Veterans Moving Memorial Wall
- Chairman of Special Events and Games Management Team, Louisiana State Special Olympics
- President, Les Femmes Nouvelles Chapter of the American Business Women’s Association
- President, Idaho Episcopal Foundation
- President, Southern Idaho Learning Center
- Team Member and Fundraiser, Relay for Life
- Volunteer, Feed My Sheep
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity