Phone: (208) 333-8965
Katerina Snarskaya, CPA
After her first job with UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) and UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) as an interpreter between government and UN agencies, Katerina decided to embark on a career in accounting and went back to school for her third master’s degree She brings a decade plus of experience in tax and accounting in the public accounting industry ranging from full-service boutique local to large national firms. In addition to preparing high net worth individual and corporate tax returns, she has extensive experience with small business accounting including QuickBooks assistance, complex tax compliance issues, and financial statement preparation. Katerina’s goals are to proactively anticipate her client’s needs, provide timely advice, and continue to learn and share her knowledge with her peers.
Outside the office, Katerina enjoys volunteering at the Idaho Botanical Gardens or knitting in her free time. While studying at Lancaster University, she hitchhiked in Poland (where it is legal and safer) with a friend from Warsaw to Krakow, taking in the tourist attractions along the way. Katerina is proud when it comes to her Lancaster University Master thesis, which focused on a developing country vernacular neighborhood social structure and its systemic role in facilitating collective actions at the national level, and was published in a collection of best works by graduate students.
Professional Designations / Civic Associations:
- Certified Public Accountant - Idaho
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Idaho Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Beta Alpha Psi
- Master of Accounting Science, Audit and Financial Reporting, Northern Illinois University, Research Graduate Assistant
- MA in Conflict Resolution & Negotiation, University of Notre Dame, thanks to Kroc Institute scholarship, Hesburgh Scholar
- MA in Society & Politics, Lancaster University (United Kingdom) and Central European University, thanks to Open Society Foundation grant
“After all, it is hard to master both life and work equally well. So if you are bound to fake one of them, it had better be life” - Joseph Brodsky
Book Most Recently Read:
All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque