Josh Tyree, CPA
Partner, Chief Executive Officer
Josh’s public accounting experience began at a large national firm, where he specialized in audit and assurance, tax, and internal controls. He joined Harris in 2008 and has continued to provide audit and assurance, tax, and business consulting services to organizations in the construction and engineering, nonprofit and government, real estate, and technology industries. Josh’s goal is first and foremost to help his clients understand their numbers, to address issues and opportunities as they arise, and to make informed decisions. Josh truly believes that successes is only bred through genuine and trusting relationships, something he strives to build with each and every one of his clients.
Josh has long been a go-getter. He started a lawn mowing company in middle school, held a paper route from 5th grade until the day he graduated from high school, played varsity basketball and ran track for the Capital Eagles here in the Treasure Valley. He left for college and enjoyed travels to places like Italy’s Cinque Terra and Bora Bora, to name a few. These days, when weather permits, you’ll find Josh navigating Idaho’s many rivers with his family, friends, and his AIRE raft. Josh also now has two boys and is active in coaching youth sports year round. Josh is that person who reads the types of books many people think they should read (but never do): The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni, Start with Why by Simon Sinek, and Leadership and Self-Deception by the Arbinger Institute.
- B.A. in business economics with an accounting emphasis, University of California, Santa Barbara
Professional Designations / Civic Associations:
- Certified Public Accountant - Idaho, New York, California, Hawaii and Washington D.C.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Idaho Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Association of Government Accountants
- Member, Idaho Nonprofit Center
- Chairman of the Board, Idaho Youth Ranch
- Financial Services Advisory Board Member, Boise Metro Chamber
- Associates and Legislative Committees Member, Idaho AGC
- Board Member, Friends of Idaho Public Television
- Leadership Boise Alumni