Phone: (208) 755-1628
Hale is the director of Harris’ Coeur d’Alene office, which opened in 2018 to support a growing client base in northern Idaho. He possesses a strong background in audit and tax in a variety of industries, from construction and engineering to healthcare to government agencies and nonprofit organizations. Additionally, Hale’s experience spans clients of all sizes; he’s equally versed in the challenges and opportunities of single-owner businesses and multi-million dollar corporations with thousands of employees and tax filings in multiple states.
Hale’s capabilities extend to internal controls and fraud investigations. He has helped CFOs of large enterprises identify and resolve deficiencies in internal controls, recover incomplete accounting information, and complete financial statement audits to bring them into compliance. Also, in one instance, Hale assisted a client in verifying fraudulent activity by a key employee and documenting the losses, information that law enforcement and the insurance carrier relied on to resolve the case.
A Coeur d’Alene native, Hale worked for Harris earlier in his career and so enjoyed the experience that he reached out to discuss bringing Harris expertise to his hometown. He loves the fact that Harris invests in client relationships and delivers the high level of skill necessary to ensure client success—and he admires Harris’ commitment to community and industry engagement. He is excited to bring these attributes to North Idaho and offer North Idaho organizations access to some of the industry’s top tax, audit, and accounting resources.
Like many North Idahoans, Hale grew up skiing and still hits the slopes with his wife Shawnna and their two small children. He also plays the mandolin, cheers on the Boise State Broncos, and dreams of living abroad after he retires. Belize is one of his favorite destinations but notes that the most unusual landscape he’s seen is closer to home: the Alvord Desert in Oregon. Hale has performed stand-up comedy (once!), so he is probably one of the more laid back accountants you’ll work with.
- BBA in Management, Boise State University
- BBA in Accountancy, Boise State University
- Associate’s of Science, North Idaho College
Professional Designations / Civic Associations:
- Certified Public Accountant - Idaho
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Idaho Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Inland Northwest AGC, North Idaho Steering Committee Member
- Volunteer with various organizations, including the City of Hayden Recreation Department as a soccer coach and the Coeur d’Alene School District as a member of the PTA and various advisory committees.