Phone: (208) 333-8965
Derrick Lasley, CPA
Derrick has 9 years of experience in public accounting. Before joining the team at Harris in 2019, Derrick served as an audit manager for one of California’s largest independent accounting and advisory firms, where he performed audits of private and public companies. He brings to Harris specialized expertise in real estate and real estate investment funds, manufacturing and distribution, the software industry and nonprofit organizations with revenues up to $200 million and assets of $900 million. He also specializes in employee benefit plan audits, mainly 401(k) plans, health & welfare plans, and ESOPS. He has also worked with plans with combined assets of over $1 billion.
Harris staff relies on Derrick for his strong analytical and research skills and his in-depth knowledge on new auditing standards and technical requirements. He enjoys sharing his know-how with his fellow CPAs, and has taught several CPE courses covering employee benefit plan auditing and audit risk assessment.
While out of the office, Derrick can be found on the golf course or on the slopes with his snowboard, and, of course, hanging out with his family—his wife Melissa and their three young children. He cheers on the L.A. Dodgers, and is hoping to one day run a marathon.
- Bachelor with an Accounting Concentrations, California State University - Fullerton
- Master with an Accounting Concentration, California State University - Fullerton
Professional Designations / Civic Associations:
- Certified Public Accountant – Idaho and California
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Idaho Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, California Society of CPAs
Book Most Recently Read:
Empire of the Summer Moon by S. C. Gwynne