Phone: (208) 333-8965
daniel deagle, CPA
Dan began his accounting career in 1982 after graduating with a BBA degrees in Accounting and Finance from Idaho State University. With a natural aptitude for numbers, accounting had always appealed to him, and he quickly became intrigued by the thought of one day having his own practice. Dan’s professional ambitions took shape when he joined Tullis & Schabot, where he became a Partner at the firm's predecessor, Deagle Ames LLC in 1987. As of 2021, Dan has joined the Partner group at Harris CPAs.
Specializing in helping businesses prepare for success and longevity, Dan works with his clients to structure their entities so that they can take advantage of current rules and regulations, minimize their tax exposure, and strategically plan their estate and succession. He works with various industries, including small businesses, legal practices, construction, dentistry, farming, and ranching.
Dan is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the National Association of Tax Professionals, and served as the former Magic Valley Chapter President for the Idaho Society of Certified Public Accountants. Active in the community,, he has also served as the President and is the current Treasurer of the Idaho Fish & Wildlife Foundation, Treasurer of the Buhl Kiwanis club. Lastly, he is an active member of the Buhl Rotary club, the Buhl and Twin Falls Chambers of Commerce, past President of the board for Clear Lake Country Club, and Chairman of the Magic Valley Chapter of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.
Outside of work, his hobbies are consistent with his community involvement and include hunting, fishing, traveling, sports, photography, music, and spending quality time with his family. Dan and his wife, Stacey, share two daughters and seven grandchildren.
Professional Designations / Civil Associations:
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, National Association of Tax Professionals
- Former Magic Valley Chapter President, Idaho Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Former President and current Treasurer and Board member, Idaho Fish & Wildlife Foundation
- Treasurer, Buhl Kiwanis club
- Member, Buhl Rotary club
- Member, Buhl and Twin Falls Chambers of Commerce
- Past President and board member of Clear Lake Country Club
- Former Chairman, Magic Valley Chapter of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation