Serving the public good.
Nonprofit organizations and government agencies deliver the services that make Idaho communities healthier, more educated and inspired, and even more economically sound. No matter your mission, Harris recognizes that your values deeply influence your business operations and that you face unique fiscal and regulatory constraints. We work with hundreds of nonprofits and agencies, delivering services that help them make a lasting impact in Idaho and beyond.
Harris actively engages with your management and financial teams year-round—not just at tax or audit time. We want you to feel comfortable asking us questions as issues arise, and a consistent relationship allows us to pinpoint areas for improvement and increased efficiencies.
Harris enjoys working with nonprofit organizations for so many reasons. There’s the obvious, of course—we’re proud to support causes that benefit Idaho—but we also love problem solving. We help you meet the demands of fiscal compliance, transparency, and budgeting so you can focus on what you do best—giving back.
Our financial and accounting services for nonprofits include:
- Audits, reviews, and compilations under generally accepted and governmental auditing standards
- A-128 and A-133 financial statement audits (single audits)
- Form 990/990EZ/990N preparation
- Tax planning, preparation, and consulting
- Budget preparation, analysis, and training
- Strategic planning and organizational development
- Assistance with and review of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Development of accounting and compliance procedures
- Program, contract, and financial compliance reviews and reporting to federal, state, and city funding sources
- Compliance reviews of fundraising reporting and allocation procedures
- Preparation of exemption applications and change in status requests
- Cost allocation plans
Harris’ dedicated team of government-focused CPAs brings expertise based on years of agency partnerships. We provide financial and compliance audit services and a full range of reporting and advisory assistance to Idaho counties, cities, state, special districts, and other agencies.
Our financial services for government agencies include:
- Single audit, Yellow Book, redevelopment agency, and municipal audits
- Compliance with federal and state reporting requirements
- Internal controls review and enhancement
- Fraud detection and prevention
Harris is a member of the AICPA’s Governmental Audit Quality Center, established to help CPAs perform quality government audits and recognize firms with high professional standards. We utilize the Center’s resources to access best practices guidance, technical updates, and regulatory developments.