Financial & operational compliance.
As an employee benefit plan sponsor, you’re legally responsible for meeting complex federal requirements. A plan audit validates the accuracy of your plan’s financial statements and determines whether the plan is being operated correctly.
Technical expertise in the employee benefit plan industry
Harris’ specialized employee benefit plan team receives yearly technical training on IRS, ERISA, and Department of Labor regulations, allowing us to deliver the most current guidance and help you prepare for upcoming changes related to your plan audit or Form 5500 filing.
Professional audit standards
Harris is a member of the AICPA’s Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center, established to help CPAs perform quality audits and recognize firms with high professional standards. We utilize the Center’s resources to access best practices guidance, technical updates, and regulatory developments.
Comprehensive plan services
Aside from our technical competence, the Harris team is committed to making the audit and Form 5500 filing a comfortable, stress-free exercise for your team. We engage with our clients year-round so that we get to know your staff, are available to address questions or concerns, and conduct the audit on time and with minimal disruption. Our employee benefit plan audit and tax services include:
- Full- and limited-scope audits and Form 5500 filing for all types of employee benefit plans, including:
- defined contribution retirement plans, such as 401(k), 403(b), and profit-sharing plans
- defined benefit retirement plans (pension plans)
- nonqualified deferred compensation plans
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
- health and welfare plans, including multiple-employer plans
- Representation before the Department of Labor or IRS in the event that you receive an inquiry or other correspondence regarding your plan—whether or not we audited it. This includes helping you navigate the correction process.
Year-round plan support
Partnering directly with your staff and various plan service providers, we will ensure the most efficient and productive services are provided to your plan. Having a consultant to help you manage all stages of managing your employee benefit plan is a vital role. Harris is committed to building strong client relationships and believes in a teamwork approach. With services ranging from helping you select a service provider, preparing for your first audit, or verifying that you are in compliance with the Affordable Care Act, the team at Harris is with you every step of the way.