Financial & operational compliance.
As an employee benefit plan sponsor, you’re legally responsible for meeting complex federal requirements. A plan audit validates the accuracy of your plan’s financial statements and determines whether the plan is being operated correctly.
Technical expertise for employee benefit plan audits
Harris’ specialized employee benefit plan audit team receives yearly technical training on IRS, ERISA, and Department of Labor regulations, allowing us to deliver the most current guidance and help you prepare for upcoming changes.
Professional audit standards
Harris is a member of the AICPA’s Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center, established to help CPAs perform quality audits and recognize firms with high professional standards. We utilize the Center’s resources to access best practices guidance, technical updates, and regulatory developments.
Aside from our technical competence, the Harris team is committed to making the audit a comfortable, stress-free exercise for your team. We engage with our audit clients year-round so that we get to know your staff, are available to address questions or concerns, and conduct the audit on time and with minimal disruption.
Our employee benefit plan audit services include:
- Full- and limited-scope audits and Form 5500 filing for all types of employee benefit plans, including:
- defined contribution retirement plans, such as 401(k), 403(b), and profit-sharing plans
- defined benefit retirement plans (pension plans)
- nonqualified deferred compensation plans
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
- health and welfare plans, including multiple-employer plans
- Representation before the Department of Labor or IRS in the event that you receive an inquiry or other correspondence regarding your plan—whether or not we audited it. This includes helping you navigate the correction process.