A Message to Our Clients
(Updated June 5, 2020)
OFFICES ARE OPEN, CLIENT ACCESS LIMITED
While some of our employees have returned to the office, the remainder of our staff continues working remotely in order to ensure we can maintain a safe distance while in the office. Those working in the office are taking extra precautions and working in expanded work spaces, maintaining a 6 foot distance at all times, and we have increased sanitary measures in our common areas.
Your accountant is available to answer any questions you might have during normal business hours via email. This continues to be our preferred method of communication. Phone calls to the office are answered by the receptionist, and transferred to your accountant if they are working in the office, or routed to voicemail if they are is still working remotely. All voicemails can be retrieved through our email. For the safety of our staff and our clients, we will not be holding any in-person meetings at any of our offices at this time. However, we have begun performing field work at clients offices, if the fieldwork cannot be done remotely (preferred method), the client's office allows visitors, and our staff can meet social distance requirements while in the office.
Our Center of Influence in downtown Boise will remain closed to the public through August to provide additional workspace for our staff following social distancing guidelines.
TAX DEADLINE EXTENSIONS
Federal - Per the IRS, the federal income tax filing and payment due date is automatically extended from April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020 for all return types. Taxpayers do not need to file any additional forms or call the IRS to qualify for this automatic federal tax filing and payment relief. Taxpayers who need additional time to file beyond the July 15 deadline, will still be allowed to file an extension.
Idaho - Governor Little has announced that Idaho will defer the filing and payment deadline from April 15, 2020 to June 15, 2020.
TAX RETURN PROCESS
Due to the offset of these deadlines, Harris will be extending all 1040 returns by June 15, 2020 that have not already been filed. If you have not yet submitted your tax documents to us, please do so immediately via one of the methods below so that we may prepare your extension. Please understand that the circumstances we are all faced with may cause slight delays in our turnaround times, and we appreciate your patience.
All tax returns will be sent electronically for signature via SafeSend Returns. This is accessible across all platforms: computer, smartphone or tablet.
To send us your documents:
- Use the “Send Us a File” button at the top of our website to electronically send your information directly to your accountant.
- Mail your documents to our office.
- You may drop off your documents to us during normal business hours by leaving it in the foyer on the table or in a box (if provided).
To pick up your documents:
- This will be done by appointment only. Please call the receptionist to make an appointment.
- During normal business hours, your documents will be labeled and left on a table in the foyer for you to pick up at your scheduled time, or by curb-side pickup.
On behalf of all of us at Harris CPAs, thank you for your understanding and support during this challenging time. We wish you, your families and your teams much good health.
If you have any questions or further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Cheryl Guiddy, CPA
COVID-19 Resource Center
- As Governors Lift COVID-19 Restrictions, What Happens to the Cares Act Employee Retention Credit? (May 23, 2020)
- How to Skip Your Required Minimum Distribution in 2020 (May 20, 2020)
- Individuals: What You Need to Know About the CARES Act (April 7, 2020)
- ASC 740 Income Taxes - Implications of COVID-19 and the CARES Act (April 7, 2020)
- CARES Act Aids Employers Who Continue To Pay Employees (April 6, 2020)
- IRS Outlines Procedures For Payroll Tax Credits and Rapid Refunds For Employers Making Federally-Mandated COVID-19 Leave Payments (March 26, 2020)
- IRS Extends Federal Deadline to July 15th, Idaho extended to June 15th (March 23, 2020)
CONSTRUCTION & REAL ESTATE
- Determining Real Estate & Construction's Coronavirus Risk: A Checklist for Industry Leaders (May 4, 2020)
EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLANS
- CARES Act Relaxes Qualified Plan and Employee Benefit Rules To Improve Cash Flow For Employer and Employees (April 7, 2020)
- COVID-19’s Impact On U.S. Retirement Plans (April 2, 2020)
Want to automatically receive new resources as they are posted?
Speak with one of our experts.