COVID-19 Resource Center
- What Individuals Need to Know About the American Rescue Plan Act (March 18, 2021)
- New Stimulus Package Extends and Expands Employee Retention Credit (March 5, 2021)
- Special $300 Tax Deduction Helps Most People Give to Charity This Year – Even If They Don’t Itemize (February 9, 2021)
- A Look At the New Stimulus Package Signed Into Law December 27, 2020 (December 29, 2020)
- Businesses Should Prepare Now to Issue New IRS Form 1099-NEC By January 31, 2021 (October 19, 2020)
- PPP Forgiveness Changes Passed as Trump Signs Bill (June 5, 2020)
- As Governors Lift COVID-19 Restrictions, What Happens to the Cares Act Employee Retention Credit? (May 23, 2020)
- Individuals: What You Need to Know About the CARES Act (April 7, 2020)
- ASC 740 Income Taxes - Implications of COVID-19 and the CARES Act (April 7, 2020)
- CARES Act Aids Employers Who Continue To Pay Employees (April 6, 2020)
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act Provides Relief to Taxpayers (March 29, 2020)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Helps Individuals Affected By COVID-19 (March 19, 2020)
- SBA Issues Guidance on How to Apply for More PPP Funds (March 4, 2021)
- City of Meridian Offering Grants for Small Businesses (October 19, 2020)
- SBA Releases the Paycheck Protection Program Forgiveness Application (May 23, 2020)
- Idaho Rebound Cash Grants for Small Businesses (May 5, 2020)
- An Overview of SBA Loan Options – Paycheck Protection Program & Economic Injury Disaster Loans (March 31, 2020)
- How to Skip Your Required Minimum Distribution in 2020 (May 20, 2020)
- IRS Outlines Procedures For Payroll Tax Credits and Rapid Refunds For Employers Making Federally-Mandated COVID-19 Leave Payments (March 26, 2020)
- IRS Extends Federal Deadline to July 15th, Idaho extended to June 15th (March 23, 2020)
CONSTRUCTION & REAL ESTATE
- How the Construction Industry is Handling the Financial Impacts of COVID-19 (November 17, 2020)
- Evolution of Your Control Environment During a Global Pandemic (July 20, 2020)
- Challenging Times Create a Stronger Future (Overview of Financial Resources for the Construction Industry (May 19, 2020)
- Determining Real Estate & Construction's Coronavirus Risk: A Checklist for Industry Leaders (May 4, 2020)
EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLANS
- FAQs for Plan Sponsors and Employees on Cares Act Relief (March 16, 2021)
- Documenting Late 401(k) Plan Deposits Due to COVID-19 (November 17, 2020)
- What Plan Sponsors Need to Know About Layoffs and Partial Plan Terminations (July 2, 2020)
- CARES Act Relaxes Qualified Plan and Employee Benefit Rules To Improve Cash Flow For Employer and Employees (April 7, 2020)
- COVID-19’s Impact On U.S. Retirement Plans (April 2, 2020)
- CARES Act Employee Retention Credits for Nonprofit Employers (March 5, 2021)
- Strengthening Internal Control in the COVID-19 Environment (January 14, 2021)
- Reforecasting Your Nonprofit’s Budget (November 24, 2020)
- How does the CARES Act Help Nonprofits and Higher Education Institutions? (April 7, 2020)
- OMB Guidance Provides Relief to Federal Award Recipients Amid COVID-19 (March 29, 2020)
Want to automatically receive new resources as they are posted?
A Message to Our Clients
(Updated January 4, 2020)
OFFICES ARE OPEN
The majority of our employees have returned to the office. While not in the office, the remainder of our staff continues working remotely. Those working in the office are taking extra precautions and working in expanded work spaces, maintaining a 6 foot distance at all times, wearing masks, and we have increased sanitary measures in our common areas.
Your accountant is available to answer any questions you might have during normal business hours via email, or by phone. Email continues to be our preferred method of communication.
We are conducting field work at clients offices, or remotely, depending on the needs of our clients and are abiding by our client's office protocols. While we prefer to continue with video conference calls with our clients, we are willing to meet the needs of our clients that prefer in-person interactions on a case by case basis.
All visitors to our offices will be required to wear a mask. If you do not have a mask, a disposable one will be provided for you.
Our Center of Influence in downtown Boise will remain closed to the public through April to provide additional workspace for our staff following social distancing guidelines.
TAX RETURN PROCESS
All tax returns will be sent electronically for signature via SafeSend Returns. This is accessible across all platforms: computer, smartphone or tablet. If a paper copy of your return is required, please let your accountant know.
To send us your documents:
- Use the “Send Us a File” button at the top of our website to electronically send your information directly to your accountant.
- Mail your documents to our office.
- You may drop off your documents at the reception desk during normal business hours. A mask will be required.
To pick up your documents:
- During normal business hours, your documents will be available at the reception desk. A mask will be required.
- By request, we can mail your documents back to you.
On behalf of all of us at Harris CPAs, thank you for your understanding and support during this challenging time. We wish you, your families and your teams much good health.
If you have any questions or further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Cheryl Guiddy, CPA
Speak with one of our experts.